Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My favorite 3 things for health

My family and I have been talking about a lot of health stuff. Here are some things on our radar:

1. The best thing you can do for your health:



It's true! the past couple weeks, I've tried to get a minimum of half an hour physical activity a everyday (ok ok. I count walking to and from the Real Salt Lake game... and walking to and from church. you need to fit it in where you can!) It makes such a difference. More for my mental health than anything else.

2. We all know that processed foods are scary. But seriously guys, they are REALLY scary. This recently trending article from the New York times will prove it to you and you'll never eat processed food again:

Actually you will eat processed foods again. Mostly in the form of Takis, In-n-Out, and Slutty Diet Cokes (2 parts diet coke mixed with 1 part slurpee).
But I think that's ok.
Every once and a while.
Right?

THEY'RE JUST SO GOOD.

3. We all gotta watch out for sugar. For reals.



This video is super long, but worth it. I learned a lot and it's all backed by SCIENCE (note: I know next to nothing about science, so take that for what it's worth). 

Bottom line: 
Pretty simple, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment