Monday, April 8, 2013

Time to watch conference...again!

Conference technically ended a little over 16 hours ago, and we already have videos, transcripts, and podcasts we can share. It really is amazing. I'm especially excited to listen to priesthood session, and re-listen to talks that I wasn't the most...uh...attentive to. Jaja. I was going to share with you some of my favorites from this weekend, but it's not letting me embed like I want to. Below are some of the links:

Dieter F. Uchtdorf - I love the comparison of the gospel to light. Also, the importance of our choosing to be in the light.

L. Whitney Clayton - I loved his description of what marriage should look like. equal partners raising and caring for their children, having dinner as the highlight and center of the day, praying together. So needed.

Rosemary M. Wixom - Her example of a father who preferred to be on his phone instead of connecting with his child made me so sad. So many of us choose not to be present in the moment. I'm actually sort of glad that my computer broke and I don't have a smart phone. They can easily become too much of a distraction from real life.

Jeffrey R. Holland - Just beautiful.

What were some of your favorite messages from conference? It's been interesting to talk with my roommates and family members about the conference themes. We all hear the same talks, but take-away different lessons. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment